Animal & Plant Care Technician
The Science Mill, located in Johnson City, is seeking a new team member to be responsible for the care and maintenance of our living exhibits, which include the breeding operation of zebrafish, care of tortoises and salamanders and their habitats, as well as the care and maintenance of the plants and fish in our new aquaponics greenhouse. Responsibilities will include caring for many species of plants, fish, amphibians, reptiles and maintaining their habitats for the students and families who visit our museum.
- Experience working and caring for one or more of the living systems described above
- Great, friendly customer service attitude
- Willing to learn new skills with a diverse group of organisms
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a dynamic team
- Be a self-starter and take initiative
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with aquatic systems including filtration, pumps and monitoring of water quality is a plus
This is a full-time position with health benefits. Training will be provided and on-the-job learning is expected. This position is located in Johnson City, TX. Salary range is $30,000-35,000 and is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Science Educator
The Science Mill is an edgy, exciting science museum in Johnson City, seeking applicants for a full-time, leadership in informal STEM education. You will lead our dynamic STEM team whose responsibilities are to:
- Develop and optimize curricula for inquiry based, hands-on activities for school-age students on field trips to the Mill
- Expand and scale our STEM summer camps. These camps are offered on-site (Johnson City) and offsite in Austin, San Antonio and surrounding rural communities.
- Assess the opportunities for extending connections between students and the Science Mill through STEM Clubs and other outreach activities.
- Work with high level decision makers in ISDs to develop partnerships for multi-year programs with the opportunity for outcome analysis.
- Participate as a member of the team to brainstorm and design new programs and exhibits.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Passion for promoting STEM learning through innovation using inquiry-based, STEM practices
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in STEM discipline or STEM Education with documented experience in inquiry-based practices
- Experience in curriculum development and writing
- Experience in rigorous assessment methods
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- As part of the senior management team, you will report to the President
- Starting date: August/September 2018
- Inquiries and applications: please submit a letter of interest and current resume by email to email@example.com.