The Science Mill in Johnson City is seeking volunteers to join our team!
We are a family destination offering a fun, interactive learning environment for all ages through cutting-edge technology-based exhibits, games, and programs. The Science Mill experience expands students' understanding and appreciation of science in their everyday lives. Our mission is to inspire them to continue their education and pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
Volunteer opportunities include assisting with visitor experience, facilitating school field trips during the week on an on-going basis, and general administrative and operational support.
Weekday and weekend opportunities available.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information on current opportunities or leave your information in the form below and we will contact you. Thanks for your interest!
Looking for an exciting internship in a fast-paced, start-up environment? The Science Mill is seeking interns in a variety of part-time and full-time positions to help advance our growing company and support our many programs and initiatives. Please review our current internship positions below.
Intern applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email approximately two weeks after submitting their online application.
Gain invaluable experience with cutting edge informal science education
- Support field trip Learning Lab experiences for students of all ages
- Deliver hands-on, fun STEM activities
- Be a museum explainer and help students engage with exhibits
- Opportunity to become lead instructor for the labs
- More info and apply here
Marketing and Communications Intern
Help with details of marketing and communications, which include but are not limited to:
- Increasing awareness of the Science Mill in Central and South Texas communities
- Writing press releases, talking points, and event descriptions
- Contacting media outlets regarding the museum, events and programs
- Managing the design and content of external communications
- Managing social media outlets for the organization
Special Events Intern
Help with details of special events, which include but are not limited to:
- Researching applicable external outreach events
- Assisting with the coordination of both internal and external events
- Making follow up phone calls for on-site event planning
- Writing thank you notes after events
- Contacting volunteers for event staffing
- Gathering event supplies, as needed
- Working events (including occasional weekends) in Austin, San Antonio or the Hill Country
Help with details of fundraising, which include but are not limited to:
- Networking with supporters
- Assisting in the execution of a donor recognition program
- Assisting in the creation of a donor tracking system
- Assisting in the research, composition, and follow-up of grant applications
Interested applicants for Science Mill internships, please send cover letter and resume to Holly Barton, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.