Texas HB5 and Career Exploration
How We Can Help
The Science Mill offers 2 mechanisms of support for counselors, teachers and students to assist with new HB5 endorsement requirements:
- Field trip visit to the Science Mill: hands-on experiences with STEM career practices; and
- The Explorer Zone: the Science Mill’s online learning portal enables a deep-dive into STEM careers and higher education degree pathways.
These support mechanisms will provide:
- 8th/9th Grade students with further understanding to select an endorsement.
- Career Exploration (hands-on and online) for:
- CTE Students (Engineering, Ag & Health Sciences, IT, Arts A/V Tech)
- Computer Science Students
- Career Prep Students