Be a Science Mill Intern!
Gain valuable experience and help the Science Mill inspire kids to be the STEM leaders of tomorrow.
Looking for an exciting internship in a fast-paced, start-up environment? The Science Mill is seeking interns in a variety of part-time and full-time positions to help advance our growing company and support our many programs and initiatives. Please review our current internship positions below.
Intern applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email after submitting their application.
Gain invaluable experience with cutting edge informal science education
- Support field trip Learning Lab experiences for students of all ages
- Deliver hands-on, fun STEM activities
- Be a museum explainer and help students engage with exhibits
- Opportunity to become lead instructor for the labs
- More info and apply here
Marketing and Communications Intern
Help with details of marketing and communications, which include but are not limited to:
- Increasing awareness of the Science Mill in Central and South Texas communities
- Writing press releases, talking points, and event descriptions
- Contacting media outlets regarding the museum, events and programs
- Managing the design and content of external communications
- Managing social media outlets for the organization
Special Events Intern
Help with details of special events, which include but are not limited to:
- Researching applicable external outreach events
- Assisting with the coordination of both internal and external events
- Making follow up phone calls for on-site event planning
- Writing thank you notes after events
- Contacting volunteers for event staffing
- Gathering event supplies, as needed
- Working events (including occasional weekends) in Austin, San Antonio or the Hill Country
Help with details of fundraising, which include but are not limited to:
- Networking with supporters
- Assisting in the execution of a donor recognition program
- Assisting in the creation of a donor tracking system
- Assisting in the research, composition, and follow-up of grant applications
Interested applicants for Science Mill internships, please send cover letter and resume to Holly Barton, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.