Be a Science Mill Intern!
Gain valuable experience and help the Science Mill inspire kids to be the STEM leaders of tomorrow.
Summer SCI Camp Interns (San Antonio)
The Science Mill is looking for STEM education interns this summer to join one of our exciting summer camp teams. Responsibilities will include working closely with the Science Mill’s education team, Lead Camp Instructor, and summer camp staff to prepare for and teach our unique brand of STEM Career Immersion (SCI) camps. The position requires full-time availability from July 31-August 11th.
Why Become a Science Mill Camp Intern?
- Work in a fun, supportive, fast-paced environment
- Receive professional development, coaching and mentoring on leadership, teaching and classroom management skills
- Gain experience with program implementation and logistics
- Work with amazing, diverse students while delivering fun, informal STEM activities
- Be part of the Science Mill’s exciting, start-up environment and play an important role in the growth and scaling of our incredibly successful summer camp programs
- Enhance your leadership and communication skills
- On the job paid training in informal STEM education, educational equity, and the Science Mill’s unique brand of inquiry-based education practices
- Opportunities to assist in developing and refining curriculum for new programs
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Actively enrolled in and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in education or a STEM-related field
- A clear interest in working with/teaching school-aged children is a must; successful experience working with children preferred
- Demonstrate a knowledge and passion for the mission of the Science Mill
- Able to work both independently and as part of the camp/education team
- Must be outgoing, organized, motivated, passionate and energetic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to learn new things and work with technology
- Answer the following questions in a word document:
- Briefly describe your previous experience working with children.
- Please describe why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Attached that document and send along with your resume, to Andrew Ellis, Manager of Program Development, at email@example.com. Please reference “Summer SCI Camp TAMUSA Intern” in the subject line.
- Only applicants who submit this information via email by May 6, 2017 will be considered for this position.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email approximately two weeks after submitting an application.
Science Mill Internships
Looking for an exciting internship in a fast-paced, start-up environment? The Science Mill is seeking interns in a variety of part-time and full-time positions to help advance our growing company and support our many programs and initiatives. Please review our current internship positions below.
Intern applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email after submitting their application.
Gain invaluable experience with cutting edge informal science education
- Support field trip Learning Lab experiences for students of all ages
- Deliver hands-on, fun STEM activities
- Be a museum explainer and help students engage with exhibits
- Opportunity to become lead instructor for the labs
- More info and apply here
Marketing and Communications Intern
Help with details of marketing and communications, which include but are not limited to:
- Increasing awareness of the Science Mill in Central and South Texas communities
- Writing press releases, talking points, and event descriptions
- Contacting media outlets regarding the museum, events and programs
- Managing the design and content of external communications
- Managing social media outlets for the organization
Special Events Intern
Help with details of special events, which include but are not limited to:
- Researching applicable external outreach events
- Assisting with the coordination of both internal and external events
- Making follow up phone calls for on-site event planning
- Writing thank you notes after events
- Contacting volunteers for event staffing
- Gathering event supplies, as needed
- Working events (including occasional weekends) in Austin, San Antonio or the Hill Country
Help with details of fundraising, which include but are not limited to:
- Networking with supporters
- Assisting in the execution of a donor recognition program
- Assisting in the creation of a donor tracking system
- Assisting in the research, composition, and follow-up of grant applications
Interested applicants for Science Mill internships, please send cover letter and resume to Holly Barton, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.