Join the Hill Country Science Mill Team!
School Programs & Visitor Services Coordinator
The Science Mill is looking for a great new team member to join this fun, face-paced environment that inspires kids to explore science! The School Programs and Visitor Services Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing school field trip programs and Homeschool Days and for ensuring a positive experience for visitors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
September – May
- Be the point of contact for all field trip related operations
- Work with Programs Administrator closely to ensure field trip booking process is effective and results in an organized field trip for all
- Work with Visitor Services Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure staff coverage during field trips
- Prepare field trip agendas for schools and communicate with teachers to prepare them for field trips
- Be the on-site field trip leader during school visits- greet and welcome groups, facilitate their visit, and help them navigate the museum and planned activities to ensure a great field trip experience
- Coordinate monthly Homeschool Days and work with Outreach Manager to recruit partners to participate
- On Saturdays, serve as the Visitor Services Coordinator (manage part time staff, ensure a positive visitor experience, open and close museum, and be the on-site manager for the day)
Summer and School Holidays
- Analyze and report on field trip and Homeschool data, using a variety of resources
- Use museum’s Avatar system to draw reports on attendance, specific school groups, and other subsets of visitors; share internally and externally, as needed
- Revise processes to improve overall field trip and Homeschool Day experiences
- Edit and create material for teachers, chaperones, parents, etc. for following school year, including pre- and post-lessons (with STEM education team) and logistical information
- Work with Outreach Manager to market school programs to teachers, administrators, principals, and schools and Homeschool groups
- Organize and coordinate a Teachers Day Out event in August
Positive attitude and good communication skills; must enjoy working with people and especially children; self-starter; attention to detail; flexible; team-player; experience in science and education is preferred but not required.
This is a full time position (Tuesday – Saturday). Tuesday- Friday will focus on School Programs, while Saturday will be a Visitor Services role. The Science Mill is located in Johnson City, TX. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits available.
As a new, dynamic museum, the Science Mill offers opportunities for professional growth and the potential to contribute to the team and mission in meaningful and significant ways. The working environment is collaborative, fast-paced, fun and rewarding! Join our team! To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.