Join the Science Mill Team!
Summer SCI Camp Teaching Assistant
The Hill Country Science Mill is looking for full-time summer teaching assistants to join one of our exciting summer camp teams at one of our locations in Johnson City, Austin or San Antonio. Responsibilities will include working closely with the Science Mill’s education team, Lead Camp Instructor, and summer camp staff to prepare for and teach our unique brand of STEM Career Immersion (SCI) camps. Paid training of specific skills and STEM content required for the position will be provided. The position requires full-time availability from June 5th to August 5th, 2017.
Why Become a Science Mill Camp TA?
- Work in a fun, supportive, fast-paced environment
- Receive professional development, coaching and mentoring on leadership, teaching and classroom management skills
- Gain experience with program implementation and logistics
- Work with amazing, diverse students while delivering fun, informal STEM activities
- Be part of the Science Mill’s exciting, start-up environment and play an important role in the growth and scaling of our incredibly successful summer camp programs
- Enhance your leadership and communication skills
- On the job paid training in informal STEM education, educational equity, and the Science Mill’s unique brand of inquiry-based education practices
- Opportunities to assist in developing and refining curriculum for new programs
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Actively enrolled in and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in education or a STEM-related field
- A clear interest in working with/teaching school-aged children is a must; successful experience working with children preferred
- Demonstrate a knowledge and passion for the mission of the Science Mill
- Able to work both independently and as part of the camp/education team
- Must be outgoing, organized, motivated, passionate and energetic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to learn new things and work with technology
- Must travel to the Science Mill from June 5th – 9th & June 12th – 16th for required, paid pre-camp training
- Answer the following questions in a word document:
- Briefly describe your previous experience working with children.
- Please describe why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Indicate the team you are interested in working for: Johnson City, San Antonio, or Austin.
- Attached that document and send along with your resume, to Andrew Ellis, Manger of Program Development, at email@example.com. Please reference “Summer SCI Camp Teaching Assistant” in the subject line.
- Only applicants who submit this information via email by April 28th, 2017 will be considered for this position.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email approximately two weeks after submitting an application.